This article shows you how to send a message to a Telegram group in Java.
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Premium account before you can send a message to a Telegram group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a Telegram group message from your Java application, do this:
- Create a New Group from your Telegram client.
- Add the secret gateway to the group. (You can add other people too!)
- Give your group a unique and creative name. It’s very important!
- Copy the following source code to a Java file named
- Customize the TODO lines in the Java program:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 9.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 10 and 11.
- Specify the group name on line 18.
- Specify the content of the message on line 19.
- Compile the Java file:
- Execute the class to send your message:
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a Premium account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)