This article shows you how to send a message to a Telegram group from a shell script.
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Premium account before you can send a message to a Telegram group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a Telegram group message from a shell script, do this:
- Create a New Group from your Telegram client.
- Add the secret gateway to the group. (You can add other people too!)
- Give your group a unique and creative name. It’s very important!
- Copy the following source code to your script.
- Customize the TODO lines in the script:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 4.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 5 and 6.
- Specify the group name on line 10.
- Specify the content of the message on line 11.
- Make your script executable:
chmod 755 send-telegram-group-message.sh
- Run the script to send your message:
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a Premium account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)