This article shows you how to send a message to a Telegram group from a Google Apps Script.
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Premium account before you can send a message to a Telegram group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a Telegram group message from a Google Apps Script, do this:
- Create a New Group from your Telegram client.
- Add the secret gateway to the group. (You can add other people too!)
- Give your group a unique and creative name. It’s very important!
- Copy the following source code to your Apps Script project.
- Customize the TODO lines in the Google Apps script:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 9.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 10 and 11.
- Specify the group name on line 2.
- Specify the content of the message on line 3.
- Run the function
main()to send your message.
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a Premium account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)