This article shows you how to translate text from a shell script.
To translate text (e.g. from English to Indonesian) from a shell script, do this:
- Copy the following source code to your script.
- Specify the language code of the original text on line 8.
- Specify the language code of your target language on line 9.
- Specify the text that needs to be translated on line 10.
- Make your script executable:
chmod 755 translate-text.sh
- Run the script to see the result:
Looking for your language code? See the complete listing.
The trial account only allows you to call the translation API up to 10 times for learning purpose. Subscribe to a Premium plan to use the translation API seriously.
Want to translate text in another programming language? Check out the Translation API page.