This article shows you how to send a message to a Telegram group in Microsoft’s .NET language: C# using Visual Studio 2022.
If you are using Visual Studio 2019, please read this tutorial instead.
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Premium account before you can send a message to a Telegram group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a Telegram group message from your C# application, do this:
- Create a New Group from your Telegram client.
- Add the secret gateway to the group. (Of course, you can add other people as well!)
- Say something in the group from your personal Telegram client. This gives the gateway a chance to learn about the new group.
- Copy the following source code to the main class in your Console Application in Visual Studio.
- Customize the TODO lines in the C# program:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 10.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 11 and 12.
- Specify the group name, the group admin and the content of the message on line 19.
- Build and run the application in Visual Studio.
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a Premium account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)