This article shows you how to send a message to a Telegram group in VBA / Visual Basic Script.
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Premium account before you can send a message to a Telegram group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a Telegram group message in VBA / VB Script, do this:
- Create a New Group from your Telegram client.
- Add the secret gateway to the group. (Of course, you can add other people as well!)
- Say something in the group from your personal Telegram client. This gives the gateway a chance to learn about the new group.
- In your Excel / Access / VBA development environment, define the following subroutines:
- Customize the TODO lines in your VB Script program:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 16.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 17 and 18.
- Specify the group name, group admin and your message on line 5.
- Run it.
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a Premium account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)