This article shows you how to send a voice note file (e.g. an OPUS file) to a registered Telegram user in Python 3.
Before the recipient can receive your Telegram message, she MUST register with the WhatsMate Telegram Gateway. Instructions are available on the official site. Unregistered users will never receive messages from the Gateway.
To send a Telegram message containing a voice note file in Python 3, do this:
- First, learn how to send a simple text message on the official site.
- With the above knowledge, you can now download our sample code.
- Locate the file
- Study the Python source code and customize the TODO/FIXME lines.
- Among other things, put down YOUR OWN number as the recipient. You can’t send messages to strangers because we are against SPAMMERS.
- Change to the directory containing the script:
- Run the Python script to send yourself the first voice note:
Happy coding :)