This article shows you how to send an audio file (e.g. an MP3 file) to a registered Telegram user from a bash shell script.
To send a Telegram message containing an audio file from a bash shell script, do this:
- First, learn how to send a simple text message on the official site.
- With the above knowledge, you can now download our sample code.
- Locate the file
- Study the script and customize the TODO/FIXME lines.
- Among other things, put down YOUR OWN number as the recipient. You can’t send messages to strangers because we are against SPAMMERS.
- Change to the directory containing the script:
- Run the script to send yourself the first MP3 file:
Happy coding :)