This article shows you how to send a document (e.g. a PDF file) to a registered Telegram user from a Google Apps Script.
Before the recipient can receive your Telegram message, she will need to register with the WhatsMate Telegram Gateway. Instructions are available on the official site. Unregistered users will NEVER receive messages from the Gateway.
To send a Telegram message containing a PDF file from a Google Apps Script, do this:
- First, learn how to send a simple text message on the official site.
- With the above knowledge, you can now download our sample code.
- Copy the following source code to your Apps Script project.
- Customize the TODO lines:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 19.
- Specify your client ID and secret on lines 20 and 21.
- Specify your target recipient on line 3. Remember to include the country code.
- Specify your PDf document on line 4.
- Run the function
demoSendTelegramPdfInDrive()to send your message.
You will need a trial account to call the above API. Go sign up now.