This article shows you how to send a document (e.g. a PDF file, an MP4 file, a WAV file, etc.) to a registered WhatsApp group from a shell script.
To send a PDF document to a WhatsApp group from a shell script, do this:
- First, learn how to send a simple text message to a group on the official site.
- With the above knowledge, you can now download our sample code.
- Locate the file
- Study the script and customize the TODO/FIXME lines.
- Among other things, you must name your group creatively. Otherwise, the group may not receive the message.
- Change to the directory containing the script:
- Run the script to send the group the first PDF:
Happy coding :)