This article shows you how to send an image to a registered WhatsApp user in Java.
Before the recipient can receive your WhatsApp message, she MUST register with the WhatsMate WA Gateway. Instructions are available on the official site. Unregistered users will never receive messages from the Gateway.
To send a WhatsApp message containing an image in Java, do this:
- First, learn how to send a simple text message on the official site.
- With the above knowledge, you can now download our sample code.
- Locate the file
- Study the Java source code and customize the TODO/FIXME lines.
- Among other things, put down YOUR OWN number as the recipient. You can’t send messages to strangers because we are against SPAMMERS.
- Change to the directory containing the script:
- Follow the instructions at the top of the source code to compile and run the Java program.
Happy coding :)