This article shows you how to send a message to a Telegram group in Microsoft’s .NET language: C#.
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Premium account before you can send a message to a Telegram group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a Telegram group message from your C# application, do this:
- Create a New Group from your Telegram client.
- Add the secret gateway to the group. (You can add other people too!)
- Give your group a unique and creative name. It’s very important!
- Copy the following source code to the main class in your Console Application in Visual Studio.
- Customize the TODO lines in the C# program:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 10.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 11 and 12.
- Specify the group name on line 19.
- Specify the content of the message on line 20.
- Add the reference “System.Web.Extensions” by doing this:
- Right-click on your project node in the Solution Explorer panel.
- Choose “Add” -> “Reference…”
- Choose “Framework” on the left pane.
- Look for “System.Web.Extensions” in the middle pane. Check the checkbox in front of it.
- Click OK.
- Build and run the application in Visual Studio.
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a Premium account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)