This article shows you how to extract text from an online PDF document in Microsoft .NET language:
- Copy the following source code to the main class in your Console Application in Visual Studio.
- Customize the TODO lines:
- Specify the URL of your online PDF file on line 19.
- Replace the Client ID and Secret on lines 10 and 11 if you have your own credentials.
- Add the reference “System.Web.Extensions” by doing this:
- Right-click on your project node in the Solution Explorer panel.
- Choose “Add” -> “Reference…”
- Choose “Framework” on the left pane.
- Look for “System.Web.Extensions” in the middle pane. Check the checkbox in front of it.
- Click OK.
- Build and run the application in Visual Studio.
If your PDF file is larger than 1 MB, you will need to call the asynchronous API instead. See an example in C#.
The trial account only allows you to call the PDF-to-Text API up to 20 times for learning purpose. Upgrade to a Premium plan to use the API seriously.
Want to extract PDF text in another programming language? Check out the PDF-to-Text API page.