This article shows you how to send a message to a WhatsApp group from PHP
You MUST obtain the secret gateway number by signing up for a Forever Green account before you can send a message to a WhatsApp group. Instructions are available on the official site.
To send a WhatsApp group message from your PHP page, do this:
- Create a new group with a unique name. The API won’t work if it’s not unique.
- Add the secret gateway to the group.
- Say “Hi” to the group to let the gateway recognize the new group.
- Copy the following source code to your script.
- Customize the TODO lines in the PHP page:
- Specify your gateway instance ID on line 2.
- Specify your Client ID and Client secret on lines 3 and 4.
- Specify the group admin number (i.e. your WhatsApp number including the country code) on line 7.
- Specify the group name (e.g. Happy Club) on line 8.
- Specify the content of the message on line 9.
- Visit the PHP page you just created to send your group message.
As mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, you will need a trial account to call the above API. Go sign up now.
Happy coding :)